Access to Justice
KLI’s mission is to improve the rule of law and increase citizen’s access to justice. This is achieved through the program “Access to justice”, where we have developed the Centre for Legal Aid, through which we provide free legal aid for vulnerable groups.
Through the program “Access to justice” is aimed to directly increase citizen’s access to justice, especially of vulnerable groups, by providing legal aid in representing cases in front of the justice system, as well as in front of administrative bodies.
KLI will provide access to justice for Kosovar citizens and foreigners in these fields:
- Property rights and minorities’ rights;
- Labor law issues related to contracts and pensions by Serbian authorities;
- Supporting internally displaced people, refugees and asylum seekers;
- Family law issues, focusing on domestic violence on gender basis violence and compensation of sexual violence survivors during the war times;
- Prisoners’ rights; as well as
- Whistleblowers’ rights in corruption cases.
This purpose of KLI will be fulfilled by providing free legal aid and by representing specific cases in these fields, but without being limited only on them.